YT-1000 ramp

YT-1000 ramp

Saturday 9 March 2013

YT-1000 Part 7 New Details

I went down to my local Hobby shop today and brought with me the upper and lower hulls to show the guys. I also ran into a couple customers who were quite impressed with my work so far. Needless to say I was kind of giddy from the praises. And very excited to get some more work done on this project. 

A special thanks the the guys at BC Shavers in Victoria.
This is where I get most of my styrene tubes and strips, glue and paint. I've also purchased several kits to scrounge for greebles.

Any way onto the new stuff.

Here I've used pictures of the turret and my computer to make images that I printed onto envelope labels. 
The turret was built a few months ago, and now I've added the stickers to the interior.



For the gunners chair I used an leftover pilot seat from some model kit.
The chair was cut down and some misc. parts from my greebles box were used to build the controls.
The flex tube is a piece of 3mm styrene tube, I used my lathe to cut the grooves. Heated with a flame I was then able to bend it. It's similar to the Falcon's chair, but I get to play with this a bit as this is not the Falcon.



It turned out quite nice, the unfortunate thing is it will be almost impossible to see in the finished model.

This item is on the drawing, located at the back between the two engines. I made two earlier attempts to make this but it was the third try that came out the way I wanted it. I don't know what it is though.
      There are about 40 parts in this item, I'll call it a cooling intake.





I decided to change the look of the Sub Light drive engines. These are what I was going to use, but they look a bit too much like a turbine engine.
So I got some of these, can you guess what they are. It's the dial from a ladies deodorant stick. I found them in the recycle bin.








 

The Ignitors are made from a tank track wheel, some gear looking part and a propellers nose cone.


Altogether they look like this.
 I used the original engines main housing and cut out the turbines, added the nozzle and Ignitors. A rubber mold was made, and casts poured.

   Now it looks more like a Corellian Sub Light engine.