YT-1000 ramp

YT-1000 ramp

Monday 6 May 2013

YT-1000 Part 8 Cockpit

Hello, I've been kind of busy lately with my Stormtrooping events and spring arriving here on the island. So just a short post with some pictures of some work I did a while ago on the cockpit.


Started out by building the interior walls and floor.
This was built to slide into the cockpit which I built several months ago.
Mocking up the console and seats
 A small sheet of .5mm clear styrene makes the windows.

I cut off the original window frames, which were hand cut, and replaced them with styrene strips. I also added the trim.
The seats are casts of the same seat used in the turret.
Co-pilot doing some pre-flight systems check.












The switches and controls were made by building 'stamps' out of .75mm and .5mm styrene strips.
The 'stamps' were then pressed carefully into soft plasticine. A shallow dam was built around these impressions and casting material was poured over them. I could then cut out the banks of switches, sand down the backs and glue them into place.








I needed to wear my reading glasses under my magnifying visor to see what I was doing. Then I found myself cursing the fact that one of the switches looked crooked, then I realized I was viewing it at about 10 times normal, and no one else would ever see the crooked switch, so I let it go.