YT-1000 ramp

YT-1000 ramp

Sunday 30 November 2014

Mass Effect MAKO M35 Part 2

Got lots of work done on this model and it's pretty well near completion.



Did a lot of work on building the details on the top back of the model.
As well as the front.












I also re-designed the suspension to look more realistic and robust to match the model. I used a 3D printer to make them.

The prints came out looking like 3D prints, with the usual layers, so I gave them several coats of primer and used some filler as well. After sanding them smooth they came out pretty nice.


Added shock absorbers made from styrene tubes. 
 The cockpit is made of two 3D printed chairs and spare model parts.

The windscreen will be made by vacuum forming a piece of clear styrene.











 Next is painting the details. A base coat of off white was applied, then taping off the areas needing colour. Once the paint had dried for an hour, I used a very fine sanding sponge to lightly sand off some of the paint to make it look worn.


I'll add the MAKO's designation number then start to weather it like I did the YT-1000.